Thursday, January 7, 2021

#4 Step: Evangelist = the Gospel asks, 'Why are you crying? + Pilgrim: 'I perceive by the book I am condemned to die + after that, the judgment + I find I am not willing to do the 1st nor able to do the 2nd; and if I die, this burden will sink me lower yet!' Evangelist: 'Don't just stand there! Flee, get rid of your burden! Change direction! Head towards that Light, through the Gate + don't stop till you reach your real home, the Celestial City!' Life here on this sin-sick earth is not our real goal. God has more! We must not confuse what is only temporary/comfortable for what is eternal/best. Here is like a passing breeze, a breath of wind; if we substitute what is passing away for what is eternal, then we miss its essence. This world will never satisfy; its lusts will always disappoint; it can never fulfill your inner, God-driven hunger/thirst for what is true + forever. Set your heart to gain God's Eternal City. Don't settle for man-built theories/Utopias. If you haven't yet noticed, they have always failed... and will... they are like passing wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment