Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Yesterday was a looonnnnggggg day; up at 6am + drove to ChangRai for my 1st flight to Bangkok: everything went suspiciously almost too smooth. And sure enough, it all seemed to go sideways: my connecting flight to India had been inexplicably cancelled, even months before + no one had notified me?! How to get to Hyderabad looked impossible! But the airline agents worked hard + found a way. It involved quite a circuitous route: flying right over Hyderabad to Mumbai + waiting for another connecting flight 7 hrs later, scheduled to arrive at my destination @ 225am the next day! Of course, my wifi also chose to not connect in Bangkok so I couldn't contact my friends ahead of time to advise them not to come pick me up at our agreed time so they'd be waiting 7 hours too?! And then they charged me an extra $100 for extra weight on my carry-on?!
But God was working through it all + I learned to trust Him more ... again!
I was tired and slept on the 1st part of the Mumbai flight + a couple young guys shared my row. They were filled with life +wanted to talk, me not so much. But they were very generous, shared their food with me +we got to talking about news, they were tired of all the bad news out there so I got to share the Good News of Jesus with them + gave them each copies of my Come Follow Me booklet. They were so thankful: said they'd check out who Jesus is for themselves!
8 hours in Mumbai felt like eternity...waiting for a flight that seemed like it would never take off, but people angels showed up at just the right time... like the 1 guy who just offered to help me access the airport wifi. Here in India that's impossible if you don't have an Indian phone # to get the code? I never even asked; he just volunteered! So then I was able to contact my friends just before they were going to leave to pick me up from Hyderabad airport at our 1st agreed time - now 7 hrs before I would arrive! That would have been a long wait for nothing! So my flight to Hyderabad finally happened around 1am + things turned around...
I slept soundly during the entire 1 1/2 hrs+ my checked bag was 1st off the baggage = a 1st! + my friends were there to welcome me + drive me to their new building.. only 1/2 hr away, rather than the 6 hrs it took before!
And wouldn't you know it? these Indian eagles know how to go more than just an extra mile...
I walked in ... up the top of the stairs + all 70 of them were out lined up in the hallway + surprised me with a welcome beyond expectation! Some knew me from my previous trips but the others I'm sure had no idea who this Henry Canadian was who they were up to welcome at such an hour! And they all started pelting me with flower petals... at 4am: it's hard to outdo such evident love!
I was tired + speechless! And then this creation of coloured seeds+ flowers laid out their welcome!
I am so blessed!
So yesterday was a long, drawn-out struggle: never did find out how/why my plans got so rearranged; sometimes we never get those kind of resolutions.
But today, after only 3 hrs sleep, I had breakfast, a shower, felt somewhat human again + my 1st class with my new eagles: Identity Releases Destiny!
+ I think even this teacher once again had a clearer understanding of who he was + what he was teaching than even just a day ago:
I'm a child of God + I have a Father who loves me = both wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment